Biome360 Website and Services Privacy Statement
This document governs how we use your data for commercial purposes, including collection of data on our website and during use of our services via our website and other online avenues such as mobile apps. The document gives us broad discretion to use your data for a variety of purposes, including sharing it with third parties. Please read this document carefully for further details. Biome360 Services and the Biome360 website are provided by Biome360, Inc. (“Biome360”), whose principal place of business is at 400 Pinnacle Way #450 Norcross, GA 30071. This Privacy Statement is for www.Biome360.com, register.Biome360.com, other websites operated by Biome360, as well as mobile applications provided by Biome360. We are committed to providing you a secure, user-controlled environment for the use of our Services. At the same time, you share responsibility for maintaining privacy and security—for example, by keeping your password secure.
Personal Information We Collect
"Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Biome360 collects and stores the following types of Personal Information:
- "Registration Information" is the information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- "Phenotypic Information" is information regarding the Phenotype (e.g. the As, Ts, Cs, and Gs at particular locations) in the microbiome sample, generated through processing of your samples by Biome360 or by its contractors, successors, and assignees, or otherwise processed by and/or contributed to Biome360.
- "Self-Reported Information" is all information about yourself, including your disease conditions, other health-related information, personal traits, ethnicity, family history, and other information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your Biome360 account. Self-Reported Information is included in Biome360 Research only if you have given consent as described in the applicable Consent Document.
- "User Content" is all information, data, text, software, music, audio, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials—other than Phenotypic Information or Self-Reported Information—generated by users of Biome360 Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Biome360.
- "Web Behavior Information" is information on how you use the Biome360 website (e.g. browser type, domains, and page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
How We Use Your Information
- Biome360 collects Personal Information from you for all purposes necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our Services. These include, among other things, providing you with our Services; improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; informing you about events; inviting you to participate in specific research projects, contacting you to obtain testimonials or for other promotional purposes; performing quality control activities; conducting other R&D; and, upon your authorization, conducting Biome360 Research.
- We use Registration Information to enable your purchase, inform you when your Phenotypic Information is available to you, provide you with customer service, manage our Services, and authenticate your website visits and usage.
- We may disclose to third parties, and/or use in our Services, "Aggregated Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information," which is Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information that has been stripped of Registration Information and combined with data from a number of other users sufficient to minimize the possibility of exposing individual-level information while still providing scientific evidence of greater scientific import.
- If you have given consent for your Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information to be used in Biome360 Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, we may include such information in Aggregated Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information intended to be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. If you have given consent to participate in Biome360 Research, we may also allow research contractors to access your individual-level Phenotypic and/or Self-Reported Information onsite at Biome360’s offices for the purpose of conducting scientific research, provided that all such research contractors will be supervised by Biome360 and subject to Biome360’s access rules and guidelines.
- If you do not give consent for your Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information to be used in Biome360 Research, we may still use your Phenotypic and/or Self-Reported Information for other purposes, which may include disclosure of Aggregated Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information to third-party non-profit and/or commercial research partners who will not publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Except as otherwise set forth herein, we will never release your individual-level Phenotypic and/or Self-Reported Information to a third party without asking for and receiving your explicit consent to do so, unless required by law.
- We use Web Behavior Information to track and monitor aggregate usage of our website, for R&D, for quality control, to improve our Services, and/or to target advertising for our products and services, and if you have given consent to participate in Biome360 Research as described in the applicable Consent Document, your Web Behavior Information may be used and disclosed to third parties in aggregate form for Biome360 Research intended to be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- If you do not give consent to participate in Biome360 Research, we may still use your Web Behavior Information for R&D purposes as described above, which may include disclosure of aggregated Web Behavior Information to third-party non-profit and/or commercial research partners who will not publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- We give you the ability to share your Phenotypic Information with other Biome360 customers through sharing features.
We will not disclose your individual-level Personal Information to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
- Partners or service providers (e.g. our contracted phenotyping laboratory or credit card processors) use and/or store the information in order to provide you with Biome360's Services.
- If you have consented for research, research contractors may access your individual-level Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information on-site at Biome360's offices for the purpose of scientific research, provided that all such research contractors will be supervised by Biome360 and subject to Biome360's access rules and guidelines.
- We are required to do so by law.
- You have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
- Contribution of Personal Information other than Registration Information is voluntary and permission-based.
- Whether to give consent for Biome360 to use your Phenotypic and Self-Reported Information for Biome360 Research is voluntary.
- Providing Self-Reported Information through surveys, forms, or features is voluntary.
- At your written request, we will close your account. As a result, all Phenotypic Information will be removed from the account and will no longer be accessible. Biome360 will not use your Phenotypic Information in new research that starts thirty (30) days or more after account closure. We cannot remove Phenotypic Information that has previously been used for published research or shared with external collaborators before account closure.
How to Contact Us
Questions about this Summary, our Privacy Statement, or about Biome360's handling of Personal Information may be emailed to privacy@Biome360.com, or sent to: Privacy Administrator Biome360, Inc. 400 Pinnacle Way #450 Norcross, GA 30071.